There are many ways to take action and make your voice heard. Here are some ways that a Keyboard Defender might like to advocate:
- Engage with your elected officials on social media
- Write an op-ed or letter to an editor
- Start an issue-based online campaign to mobilize others
- Share well-researched information on your social media channels
- Volunteer to help publicize or plan an event for an issue-based organization or politician (just make sure you don’t have to be there in person on the day if you don’t want to)
An introvert is a person who tends to recharge by spending time alone or by enjoying the company of a few close friends. They feel drained being around people for long periods of time, particularly in large crowds. They problem-solve by thoughtful consideration and often prefer to write out their thoughts, rather than express them in conversation.
A barnstormer believes that to bring about change you need to pull attention to your cause. It’s a type of advocacy that is done to draw attention and demands immediate results. The basic principle behind barnstorming is that applying pressure forces change to happen.