There are many ways to take action and make your voice heard. Here are some ways that a Booster might like to advocate:
- Write your elected officials
- Write an op-ed or letter to an editor
- Volunteer to send text messages for an organization or politician you support
- Attend a virtual community council meeting
- Join a Facebook group that supports an issue you care about
An introvert is a person who tends to recharge by spending time alone or by enjoying the company of a few close friends. They feel drained being around people for long periods of time, particularly in large crowds. They problem-solve by thoughtful consideration and often prefer to write out their thoughts, rather than express them in conversation.
An adaptable advocate believes that to bring about change, you need to employ both the barnstormer and bridge builder style of advocacy depending on the situation. The basic principle behind a balanced approach is being able to see where both methods of advocacy can work to further goals of a cause.